Six Traits of a Wife - Thus Spake Tan!

Post Top Ad

Thanks for Reading. Please comment.

A Quote for life!


“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for Insects

Robert A Heinlein
(American science-fiction writer,1907-1988)

Six Traits of a Wife

Share This
In Indian culture, the sages and learned people of the yesteryears had defined almost everything – from a needle to the sun – everything was assigned a significance and responsibility of its own. And they had huge list of things that that small thing needs to be related to.

I do not like Ekta Kapoor’s Serials (and any daily soap for that matter) but there are things in everything that you can learn from. And when I heard this old sloka used in one of the serials, called Bandini, I was awestruck! I really liked the thought – not because I am a man and I want my wife to be as described in the sloka, but I have seen my mother and other elderly women in my family and I can so much relate this sloka to them – both for and against! LOL…

Anyways, there is lot to learn from the Sloka – for the wives. For any woman, for that matter. Read it:

Karyeshu Dasi
Karaneshu Mantri
Bhojeshu Mata
Shayaneshu Rambha
Roopeshu lakshmi
Kshamayeshu Dharitri
Satkarma Nari, Kuladharma Patni
It means, a wife…
Works like servant
Advises like minister
Feeds like mother
Makes love like nymph
Is as beautiful as Lakshmi and
As forgiving like the earth.
These are the six traits of a good wife who can be an example for everyone. In the process she would make her family proud!

In this world of today, it is very hard to find someone with all the above characters. I can write a whole paragraph on the same, comparing the six traits with my wife, or my mother or my aunt, but I wont go into that details here. Just wanted to share this with you, so that ask yourself, (if you are wife to someone) and see if you are actually having the same traits. I am not concluding anything – I cant. But I wish all women to keep this thought in the back of their mind – always!

BTW, thought of writing the meaning as:
With Wife
          Works like servant
          Advises like minister
          Feeds like mother
          Makes love like nymph
          Is as beautiful as Lakshmi and
         As forgiving like the earth.
End With

LOL… Only people using VB Coding would understand, if I would have written it thus :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading this post.. the 6 traits of a wife.. made me smile, laugh..i hate admiting but ive all this traits.. so am i a good person? hmm let the family decide..

Post Bottom Ad

Please share with friends and family