Memories and Experiences - Thus Spake Tan!

Post Top Ad

Thanks for Reading. Please comment.

A Quote for life!


“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for Insects

Robert A Heinlein
(American science-fiction writer,1907-1988)

Memories and Experiences

Share This
Nothing specific today; just came here to ask, ‘how are you?’

The other day, when I was travelling to office I thought a lot of things – about my career, my past life, my new flat, my future plans and everything that I could think of. Time seems to run so fast. I heard in some movie – we try to catch time, like a kid standing in the sea shore tries to catch water with his two hands. It is that impossible. What we have from time that has gone is experience and lots of memories.

Experience yields at every step in life; be it professional or personal, it helps. We acquire experience each day and that piles up to boost our cubbyhole of knowledge, expertise and understanding. An aged man can always say he has got lot of experience and truly so – he must have! Experience gets stored in our minds. We get experience from peoples’ behavior, places’ environment and ambience and happenings around us.

Memories are something that time leaves behind, but unfortunately everyone does not posses memories. Memories are either good or bad. Both have their own places in our heart. Memories get stored in our hearts. Memories are full with people, places and events. Luckily, I have more good memories than the bad ones. That directly means I have majorly met good people; have been to good places and many good things have happened to me and around me. I am grateful and happy for this. It feels good.

I am sure you too have lot of memories from the past. List them down. Write them on a piece of paper. Let this me in front of you. I am sure you can’t make the entire list in one sitting. Amend the list – add, deduct and modify it, the way you want it to be. May be a month down the line, you will find, things that would inspire you to move forward. You will find things that you would love to do again – places you would like to visit again and most importantly, you will pick up the phone and dial a lot of numbers and talk to people whom you have not contacted over a long time.

That’s what I did, a couple of weeks ago and I was happy to get a few responses too. Life goes on. They won’t stay with me. I know. What I did not know was how they were. And this is what I tried to know, by sending them a small email. When I got those responses, I was very happy and so were most of them, I believe. Memories, occurred and were reinstituted and that made me happy…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. very nice post. i agree with all that u said..ive got some beautiful memories of a beautiful dear friend which i will treasure always.

Post Bottom Ad

Please share with friends and family