Who are YOU? - Thus Spake Tan!

Post Top Ad

Thanks for Reading. Please comment.

A Quote for life!


“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for Insects

Robert A Heinlein
(American science-fiction writer,1907-1988)

A couple of questions:

  1. Why would someone want to stand apart from the crowd?
  2. What is that one motivation that makes people to want to be different?
  3. Why would someone want to sway away from what people around do, be different and even go to the extent to disown or disapprove things that the mass loves to do, and they do not or vice versa?


"আমি এমন না!" (I'm not like this) and then they start off saying, "according to me..."
What the hassle!! Who are you? I mean, seriously!!

I see people posting on Facebook, against using Facebook. They do not like:
  • 1. Selfies
  • 2. Check-Ins
  • 3. Tagging
  • 4. Forwarded messages/posts
  • 5. People liking and commenting on these forwarded messages/posts
  • 6. Updates mentioning one being sick, or eating Ice-Cremes.

I also see people dislike the use of technology - and they find pleasure in pretending to have achieved a lot in life by avoiding the use of technology, may be for a few minutes or hours! Better yet, they post that on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, right after that! Hahaha...

People have a problem with these other group of people who bought high end DSLR Cameras and keep shooting from the leaf to the left out and post those snaps on Facebook. There are jokes saying every monkey behind a lens thinks himself to be a photographer. Some also argue that people become photographers to post on Facebook. How atrocious!! Another abominable theory says that because of Facebook and other social networking, the sale of Camera phones has increased. I can't imagine!!

And then there are few who will login to Facebook every half an hour to check your updates but seldom post anything themselves. And then, they would abuse you for writing so many posts (everything, they say) on Facebook - I mean, preposterous!

Just because I do not do something, does not make everyone else who does that, a minnow or an outcaste! It’s time we grow up. We talk about live and let live and the moment we see someone who is different from us, the base sets itself on fire! We want to be different – do something that majority does not do.

I do not have a Facebook account – I do not give in to the temptation of going social. I am exclusive; you post daily – you do not respect privacy of yourself, your friends and family.
I am non-communal – I do not write about anything related to religion; you wrote about Syria and Taj Mahal – you dip each of your bread-sticks into a communal dish of stew.
I am a photographer – I have spent all my salary for my passion; you do not have a DSLR – you are so non-creative.
I write – I have so many websites and my blogs have so many views; you don’t know what a blog is – you are an illiterate.
I work for an NGO – I serve the nation; you work in an MNC, in an AC office – you are selfish and not adding value to the society, which has provided you with education, security, food and shelter.
I run – I am the one who’s doing great, fit and celebrity; you do not run – you are just a baggage for the society.
I ride bikes – I travel across the length and breadth of the country, through scenic paths with my gang from all over; you don’t do that – you are crippled.
I own my own business – I take decisions, I create jobs, I have all the money; you work for others – you are no less than a slave!

This needs to change!

Well, I call all these people who think like this, hypocrites, sadists and anti-socials. In a want of being different, these people are creating a distance between themselves and the world around. Pretending to be different, elite and exotic individuals, they are actually getting left out only with their challenged individuality – and nothing else. It is important for our growth and peace of mind that we come out of this syndrome, where we look down upon people who are actually different from us and we fail to appreciate their stand.

Well, do not sabotage the above and challenge my intentions. It has been long time that I am seeing these kind of two-faced people around me and on Facebook and other social sites. It is time that someone tell them the reality and show them their actual place in the society! Push to Evolve!!

I do not want to know how it is according to you. I know what it is. Who are you to tell me? Actually no one! Hahaha…

Peace!!

No comments:

Post Bottom Ad

Please share with friends and family